Thanks again Craig!
Following is the excerpt from HANSARD of Mr Laundy’s speech in Parliament dated 15 June 2015..
Monday, 15 June 2015
Reid Electorate: Maronite Catholic Society
All House debates on 15 Jun 2015 ; 4:31 pm
I rise today to speak about the Maronite Catholic Society and congratulate the new executive committee members recently elected at their annual general meeting.
The Maronite Catholic Society is the officially recognised lay organisation in the Maronite Catholic Church and it has done great work over many years in Reid.
I have no doubt that the same good work will continue under the leadership of the new executive committee. I know they look forward to serving the Australian community generally and the Maronite community in particular.
I would like to congratulate the new executive committee:
• President: Tony Khattar
• First vice-president: Ghassan Awit
• Second vice-president: Lichaa Chidiac
• Honorary secretary: Raymond Abi-Arraj
• Assistant secretary: Fahd Gitani
• Treasurer: Chafic Saade:
• Advisor: Khalil Tartak—Khalil is a good friend of mine
• Advisor and chair of events subcommittee: Bakhos Georges
• Consultant of Special Projects: Sarkis Nassif
• Chair of women subcommittee: Anne Farah-Hill :
• Chair of international relations and Immigration subcommittee, Joe Baini—
I actually grew up in the same street as Joe and his family
• Chair of planning and development subcommittee: Anthony Hasham
• Chair of registration of Maronites in Lebanon subcommittee: Dani Geagea.
The Maronite community in Reid is just one of a great number of local communities, always working on how they can give back and do more, and it is an honour to be their federal member of parliament. I look forward to seeing them at St Joseph's, Croydon, soon. (Time expired)
Maronite Catholic Society